Free Resource Friday!
Happy Friday everyone! We’re big fans of free resources and wanted to share some of our go-to sites for different types of website paraphernalia today – icons, fonts, stock images, etc. We use many of these when designing sites, looking for inspiration or helping a client fix up their site with refreshed content. These are all excellent places to look for items for your own site, whether you’re redesigning your site, changing out content or looking for some fresh ideas. Feel free to add your own resources that you love in the comments area below!
- Google Fonts – great fonts to download and use on your computer and are also ready to go for easily embedding on your site.
- DaFont – another great collection of fonts that you can use on your computer and with a little more work (see this article on embedding) they can be used on your site as well.
- Stock.xchng – a nice place to find freebie stock photos, which are handy if you’re looking to spruce up some existing imagery.
- Icon Finder – great icons to use (see a recent post where we talked about this new trend on websites!).
- Vecteezy – a neat collection of vector images to download and use – you can find lots of icon files here too.
- Brusheezy – a sister-site to Vecteezy, this site provides a great collection of Photoshop brushes that are ready to go for use in Photoshop and are handy if you’re creating new artwork for your site.
- Premium Pixels – this site posts some really nice free PSD’s and other resources to download and use.
Other Misc. Stuff
- Design Shack Freebies – this site often posts great freebies in all sorts of categories, fonts, icons, images, you name it. A great blog to subscribe to, so you can easily download these free things when they’re offered.
- Web Design Ledger Freebies – another great site that often posts about free things that are offered on the web – subscribe and download!
What are your favorite places for free website resources? Please share in the comments below!
0 Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI