The Best Way To Keep People Coming Back To Your Business Website
Anyone that has ever managed a website knows that regular traffic is valuable and necessary for building a community and getting the word out there. It isn’t always the easiest thing to do though, and people often ask us for tips and advice on this.
A regularly updated blog is really the best way to keep people coming back for more and is helpful in so many ways. If your users can only read a few pages on your site, they may have no reason to return. But if they can see interesting content published on a regular basis, they will be much more likely to come back.
We are huge fans of using a blog to bring more traffic to your company’s site for many reasons:
- Blog posts generate more content, which gives people more things to do on your site
- Search engines have more things to crawl and index, so it can improve your search engine rankings as well
- People can learn more about what you do and will feel more comfortable working with you when they can read about your expertise in the industry
Just having a blog isn’t enough to make it work well for you, you should make sure to:
- Post regularly – about once a week
- Post about topics that your clients will find interesting
- Allow people to subscribe in multiple ways – either through email or RSS feed
- Share your posts through social media and encourage others to do the same
- Promote your blog through different avenues, making sure to get the word out there
Establishing a company blog is a big responsibility and shouldn’t be done if you aren’t sure you can keep up with it. It is such a valuable way to generate more traffic though and should be considered if you’re looking to get more people on your company’s website!
What are your favorite blogging tips to share?
3 Comments »
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI